We work in partnership with voluntary and statutory services in our response to homelessness in the Dublin Region in areas such as prevention, support and housing provision. All of our partners are represented on the Dublin Joint Homelessness Consultative Forum who are responsible for implementing the Dublin Region Homeless Action Plan from 2011-2013.
The Housing (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 provides a statutory structure to address the needs of people who are experiencing homelessness in Ireland. The Act outlines a statutory obligation for local authorities to have an action plan in place and the formation of a Homelessness Consultative Forum and a Statutory Management Group. The Dublin Region Homeless Action Plan 2011 - 2013 is now in place and is being implemented across the four Dublin local authorities.
The Dublin Region Homeless Executive allocates funding to homeless services in Dublin. The Department of the Environment, Community and Local Government (DECLG) provides funding for temporary accommodation, services and housing. This funding is provided through the Local Authorities and then allocated to voluntary service providers. Funding from the HSE provides for health and support services.
Members of the Statutory Management Group
The Management Group comprises statutory officials with primary responsibility for drawing up the Homeless Action Plan and for making recommendations to relevant statutory bodies on homeless services, including funding.
Specifically, the Management Group shall adhere to the following statutory functions as laid out in the 2009 Act as referred to above;
The management Group shall;
(a) perform the functions conferred on it by this Chapter in relation to the preparation and modification of the draft homelessness action plan and the review of the homelessness action plan, and
(b) make recommendations to the housing authority or, in the case of a joint homelessness consultative forum, the housing authorities concerned, to the Health Service Executive or to any specified body, in relation to all or any of the following:
(i) services required to address homelessness in the administrative area or administrative areas concerned;
(ii) funding for such services taking into account the financial resources that are available or are likely to be available;
(iii) the operation of the homelessness action plan having regard to any information, views, advice or reports provided by the homelessness consultative forum or joint homelessness consultative forum, as the case may be.
The Statutory Management Group Members are:
The primary role of the Dublin Joint Homelessness Consultative Forum is to ensure the implementation of our current action plan which runs from 2011-2013.
Members of the Dublin Joint Homelessness Consultative Forum
- Anne Gilton, Manager - Social Inclusion, FAS
- Anne O'Connor, LHM North West Dublin, Health Service Executive
- AnnMarie Farrelly, Director of Housing and Community, Fingal County Council
- Billy Coman, Director of Housing, South Dublin County Council
- Cathal Morgan, Director, Dublin Region Homeless Executive
- Catherine Maher, Head of Services, Focus Ireland
- Charles McNamara, Director of Housing, Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council
- Concepta DeBrun, Social Inclusion, HSE
- David Fitzgerald, Independent Chair, Advisory Group
- Dick Brady (chair), Assistant City Manager, Dublin City Council
- Joe Doyle, National Planning Specialist-Social Inclusion, Health Service Executive
- Kathleen McKillion, Head of Development, Irish Council for Social Housing
- Mark Wilson, Regional Manager, Probation Service
- Pat Doyle, CEO, Peter McVerry Trust
- Seamus Sisk, Deputy Director/Regimes Directorate, Irish Prisons Service Regimes Directorate
If you would like further information on the work of the Dublin Joint Homelessness Consultative Forum, please contact Yuk Wah Cheung at email@example.com or telephone Yuk Wah Cheung on (01) 222 6804.